DiMeN uses existing and emerging strengths to deliver a unique, flexible, student-centred programme of training, that combines gateway training and cohort building events with access to advanced level Masters modules, bespoke doctoral level courses, and world class facilities across the partnership.
This partnership draws on expertise of over 1000 experienced supervisors, who collectively sustain high rates of successful doctoral degree completion.
As a DiMeN PhD student, you will benefit from:
- The support of at least two supervisors, ensuring excellent supervision and a cross-disciplinary approach to your research project.
- Access to mentoring schemes for pastoral and academic support outside the normal supervisory schemes
- Cohort gateway skills training sessions in bioinformatics and computational biology, imaging and in vivo experimental techniques
- In depth specialist training in a range of areas relevant to your project, including Bioinformatics and computational biology
- Opportunities to access to bespoke training in a variety of areas including Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Genomic Medicine, Pharmacogenomics, Stratified Health Care and Health Economics.
- Core training events throughout the programme, bringing you together with fellow students to develop your skills in every aspect of being a successful researcher
- Opportunities to develop industrial knowledge and commercial impact skills, plus the generic skills all researchers require to succeed – communication, time management, teamwork and critical thinking.