Our DTP has strong associate partners who will provide access to their staff and contribute to training programmes for our students - these include MRC Harwell (Prof. Steve Brown) who can provide training in small animal models of disease and large scale data analysis and dissemination. Medicines Discovery Catapult (Dr Nicola Heron), to support innovation by providing access to expert technical capabilities, equipment and other resources required to take research ideas from concept to reality. Our associate partners also include MRC Centres bringing the very highest quality research focus, each has its own industry strategy and links.
A full list of our associate partners can be found here, we welcome and invite supervisors to collaborate and many of these partners have indicated their willingness to host placements for our DTP students as a key part of enhancing our training offer.
- Medicines Discovery Catapult
- Research Complex at Harwell (RCaH)
- MRC Harwell
- Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR Singapore)
- MRC/Arthritis Research UK Centre for Integrated Research into Musculoskeletal ageing (CIMA)
- MRC Centre for Drug Safety Science, Liverpool
- MRC Medical Bioinformatics Centre (MBC), Leeds
- MRC Centre for Neuromuscular Diseases, Newcastle
- MRC/NERC Centre for Genomic Research, Liverpool
- MRC/BBSRC Centre for Ageing and Vitality, Newcastle
- Wolfson Centre for Personalised Medicine, Liverpool
- NIHR BRC in Ageing and Chronic Disease, Newcastle
- AstraZeneca, UK
- National Centre for the Replacement, Refinement and Reduction of Animals in Research (NC3Rs)